WHAT IS A CATECHIST?
Yahweh put out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me: “There I am putting my words into your mouth.” Jeremiah 1:9
A CATECHIST IS…
- One who faithfully believes in Jesus and is a witness to His message.
- A Parishioner, practicing Catholic and participates in Sunday Mass.
- One who is committed to spending the necessary time to prepare for, as well as participate in, the on-going catechetical formation, workshops and spiritual retreats.
- One who is sacramentaly alive and willing to share enthusiastically his/her faith with the youth of our community.
- One whose life reflects his/her faith. This faith needs to be nourished and cultivated along with other Christians so that the catechist can grow into friendship with Christ.
- One who supports parish policies even in the event that those policies differ with one’s own personal perspectives.
“Your light must shine before all, so that they may see goodness in your acts and give praise to your heavenly Father.” Matthew 5:16
If you wish to share your faith with the young members of our Parish family please complete the application (online) and mail it. OR call 773-525-0453 Ext.14
NOTE: If you are interested, please go to the Archdiocesan website (http://www.archchicago.org/departments/protection/protection.shtm) and register for
- Virtus Training
- Background check (you can do it online)
- Mandated Reporters Training (you can do it online.
These are a must in order to work with children.